EASTER DRAMA 2016
The Lighthouse Church was honored to have so many guests join us for our Easter services and drama, Peter’s Perspective, this past month. Our faith was stirred as we were reminded of God’s healing power, His sacrifice for our sins and the promise of a new life in Christ. We truly appreciate everyone who made The Lighthouse Church part of your Easter celebrations and we hope that your life has been impacted by the message of The Gospel.
A great big “thank you” is also in order to everyone who helped make Peter’s Perspective a success again this year. From musicians and actors, to set designers and costume seamstresses, much time and energy was given to make this drama a reality. Thank you so very much for your dedication and hard work.
- Sometime in the early part of 2017, I contracted Lyme disease. At first, I thought I was getting the flu. I then began getting severe headaches. Then joints all over my body began locking up and I experienced excruciating pain. For example, one morning I woke up and reached to pull the covers off. My right elbow was in so much pain that I was unable to even pull the blankets off. As I eased out of bed, I almost went to the floor because my knees were in so much pain I could barely walk. The doctor gave me doxycycline, an antibiotic used to combat Lyme disease. I got next-day relief so I finished the prescribed dose of doxycycline. However, the joint pain returned over time. I began taking the doxycycline again, but this time it didn’t help. I have a very physical job and was not able to work as normal because of the pain and major fatigue I was experiencing. Hearing how Lyme disease had affected people, sometimes staying in their system for 30 years, I was pretty down about the condition I was in, being only 31 at the time. However, God always has the last word and specializes in hopeless situations. On a Sunday afternoon, November 5th, 2017 as Pastor Howard taught on Divine Healing, you could feel the Spirit of God move through the sanctuary. Pastor Howard stopped his lesson and encouraged us to entertain the presence of God. He said, “If anybody needs a healing, stand on your feet and tell God what you need.” I immediately stood to my feet asking God to heal me of Lyme disease. As I stood, I noticed that I had no pain in my knees! With my hands raised in praise to God, I felt as if warm oil was being poured into my joints. For the first time in over 8 months, I had no pain in my joints! Overwhelmed with joy and thankfulness for what God had just done in my body, I began to run the aisles as soon as worship service started. I had no pain in my knees as I worshipped. When I got back to my seat, I felt sharp pains in my wrists. I immediately rebuked the devil and unbelief, and then began to thank God again for healing me of Lyme disease. The pain went away instantly. This happened periodically for the next two weeks and when it did, I’d just start thanking God for healing me of Lyme disease and it would go away immediately. It has now been 5 months since my healing and I still do not have the fatigue and joint pain that I had experienced as a result of Lyme disease.Chad Short - Healed of Lymes Disease
- "The play was awesome & anointed!"Carolyn, guest from Tulsa, OK
- "I expected it to be good, but I never expected that! It was incredible!"Jim, guest from Tulsa, OK
- "Never in my life did anything connect the dots between Jesus' giving the keys to Peter and what he preached on the day of Pentecost like this drama did."Tom, guest from Tulsa, OK
- "I truly left with a renewed view of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ."Cassidy, guest from Kansas