The purpose of the TLC Music Workshop is to help you in leading worship in your local congregation. During the two day workshop, you will receive practical instruction and Biblical inspiration on how to be more effective in the music department.
The workshop will cover topics for all skill levels and for all levels of involvement – musicians, singers, song leaders, sound technicians, and directors. We look forward to fellowshipping with you and the others on your music team as we learn together.
FRI, MAR 29
Leading Worship Effectively
From music director to musician to singer, we all need the right attitude & approach to our efforts in leading in worship.
Split Session: Choir Rehearsal
SAT, MAR 30
- Intro to Music – Concepts that anyone in the music department should understand. Introductory topics of rhythm, pitch & dynamics. We will also cover fundamentals to learning any instrument!
- Visual Presentation – Key principles that every visual technician should understand.
- Pre-Rehearsal Preparation – This is where the work begins! Finding lead sheets, writing vocal charts & using technology to make it all happen.
- Keeping Us All Together – Instruction for the bass player and drummer.
- Playing the Organ – Drawbars, pedals & key differences from playing the piano.
- Finding the Part – Helping vocalists find their part – understanding melody and basic harmony. Incorporating concepts with old and new songs!
- The Sound Technician – Key principles that every sound technician should understand.
- Intermediate Keyboard – Adding sevenths, ninths, vamps & basic fills.
- Vocal Session
- Playing Together as a Band – Different roles of the different musicians and how they can work together to create a musical experience.
Rehearsal & Performance Tips
How to lead an effective rehearsal, so that you can have an effective performance. Practical tips on putting it all together.